How to Install Radio Mobile
- Download and install Visual Basic
- Download . Then unzip the file to C:\.
- Now you should have C:\Radio Mobile. This version of Radio Mobile is in English; however, other languages are available from the Radio Mobile site.
- Create a folder called C:\RadioMobile\Africa
- Download topographical coordinates, which Radio Mobile uses to draw maps, to C:\RadioMobile\Africa.
- In the folder C:\RadioMobile right click rmweng.exe
- Select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)
- Launch Radio Mobile from the desktop icon
- This step is only if you manually downloaded the coordinate files.
- Launch Radio Mobile from the desktop icon.
- Options > Internet > SRTM > Use local files only.
- Local files path - C:\RadioMobile\Africa
- Internet ftp directory - USGS Africa - 3 arcsecond (if using coordinates in Africa)
- Download a of a Radio Mobile file.
- In Radio Mobile > File > Open Networks > browse to the sample file > Open
- It will ask to Save Networks > Click No
- Edit > Fit Maps to Unit
- Check Adjust units to elevation.
- Elevation Data Source - Select SRMT from the drop down menu
- Drive or path - C:\RadioMobile\Africa
- Click Extract
- Radio Mobile will then draw a map based on the sample file.
Tutorials on Radio Mobile
For more information on using Radio Mobile, visit these sites